Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Youth Rebellion by Tribal Seeds


kurtkurtkurt:

This is pretty average Reggae. They sing about your token items; Ganja, Jah, I'm pretty sure I heard Babylon, even King David. Musically it's got a groove but there's not much to separate one song from the next.

Tribal Seeds At least gives me some Ska guitar at the beginning. So I'll take it and hold it close.

Stuckski:

There have only been one or two artists I can think of since Marley himself who have created truly memorable reggae albums. Tribal Seeds are not amongst those artists, and neither is Youth Rebellion one of those albums. Not that this is a record without merit. The tracks resound with mostly solid reggae beats and decent vocals. If you like reggae, then you'll like this. It only fails the test of superseding the genre
Final verdict: This is good reggae, but not necessarily a great album.
Best Song: Dawn of Time (I really liked the guitar in this one)



RATINGS:

Stuckski: 7/10
Kurtkurtkurt: 5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment