Sunday, April 8, 2012

Past Due By Hor!zen



kurtkurtkurt:

This is actually the first time I've heard these guys (this was a Matt playlist item).They made sure to mention Sublime 20 times or so in the lyrics of this album, just in case you weren't sure that they were influenced by them.
Unfortunately, the album was boring and slow. I had a hard time concentrating through it. I'm sure if I was high I would change my opinion. Also I wonder if part of it was maybe this is a b-side.

Stuckski:

There are many (oh God, so many!) bands like this out there. I assume they were all conceived under the influence of a generous helping of spliffs and Sublime records. The resulting sound is almost indistinguishable from said band (although usually worse). This isn't necessarily a completely bad thing, as some of these band go on to put their own spin on the genre, or even embrace their fate and become a Sublime cover band (no shame in that!). Sadly enough Hor!zon is neither of these, choosing rather to bumble along in the shadow of Sublime, while still pretending that their sound is original.
Final verdict: The music is entertaining enough, but if I want this kind of thing, I might as well go and listen to 40oz to Freedom again.

RATINGS:

Stuckski: 4/10
Kurtkurtkurt: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment