Monday, April 16, 2012

Horns of Hattin by The Templars


kurtkurtkurt:

I'm not the biggest fan of this guy's voice. I think that's the biggest thing holding me back on this album. He has that low gravel-y 'I gargle rocks' type voice against a very bright punk. When he has supporting vocals, like on their cover of Backstreet Kids, it's not bad however.

I guess this sounds like a band sounding like a band sounding like the Sex Pistols, with a terrible vocalist.

Stuckski:

This is a pretty straightforward punk album, and as such hard for me to judge impartially. Songs like Breakdown contain many of the elements that I love in the genre: Fast paced, high energy beats, gravely vocals, and and even some nice guitar solos. The problem is that this album does nothing to set itself apart from the rest of the punk rock world. There is nothing unique to be heard. I realize that it is impossible to be truly different these days, but I do believe that every band should strive to have something that makes them stand out from the crowd. That is something that The Templars simply lack. This is steady, middle-of-the-road punk. The very definition of average. And what the hell is up with the awful sound on the intro track? I get it, you're The Templars, but three minutes of shit quality latin intonation?

RATINGS:

kurtkurtkurt: 5/10
Stuckski: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment