Sunday, April 15, 2012

FABulous Greatest Hits by Prince Buster


kurtkurtkurt:

I love me some Trad Ska. Prince Buster knew how to sing him some songs, granted like most things in the 60s many contained sexist overtones. Also he had a lot of graphic songs about sex. But more importantly Prince Buster keeps an overall "Feel Good" to his songs. The album makes me smile and relax. 30 Pieces of Silver is probably the highlight of the album, the dual vocals during many of the parts, to me, captures one of the greatest parts of this music.


Stuckski:

Two and a half words: Two. Tone. Ska. There are few happier sounds in this world! Once that upbeat tempo kicks in you can't help but feel like the world really is a happy place after all. Prince Buster delivers exactly that: some feel-good music that keeps your toes tapping and your head bobbing from start to finish. Pure fun. I'd have to say my favorite track was probably their rendition of My Girl.



RATINGS:

Stuckski: 8/10
kurtkurtkurt: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment