Thursday, April 5, 2012

All Killer No Filler by Sum 41



stuckski:

If you are one of the 7 or so people whom I consider my friends in this world, then there is one thing you know for certain: I love me the shit outta some Amaretto. It's easily my 4th favorite drink all time (1) for the simple reason that it's the nearest that alcohol gets to tasting like candy. It will also get you drunk as fuck pretty quick, especially if you mix it with Southern Comfort. All Killer has pretty much the same effect on my ears. Almost all the songs are catchy and easy to listen to, but are still solid enough to keep me coming back for more. And since I don't know dick about music, that is pretty much all I ask for. Too bad the rest of their albums aren't as good.

Best Song: Crazy Amanda Bunkface (and you all totally thought I'd go with Fat Lip)(1)In order the top 5 are: tea, hard cider, chocolate milk, amaretto, absynth.


kurtkurtkurt:

I think I was on my last year of middle school when this came out. Since I heard Asbestos Records was reissuing this on vinyl I acquired this baby about a week ago and finally decided to give the whole album a listen 11 years late. Lo and behold the random gods decided this was the first album we should review.The first half of this album seems to be stronger (It could also be that their singles were from the first half and I remembered them). “Never wake Up” graces us with some double time drums, and Fat Lip some Rap/Punk (which they got famous for, but it was only on this one song on the album). As of recently I can’t really get into the Blink 182 infused Pop Punk, which the latter half the album seems to resemble. So I guess the songs that have their unique sound are what stood out anyways.It’s catchy at least.

Never Wake up Personal fave of album.

RATINGS:

stuckski:
9/10
kurtkurtkurt: 6/10

2 comments: