Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ok Cowboy by Vitalic

kurtkurtkurt:

Well it's electronica. I feel like I'm in a cyberpunk movie when I listen to it. It has a lot of drive to it. I guess it was nice to work too. I've also always liked distorted voices like in You are my Sun, I know that's what drew me into daft punk back in the day.

That said I'm just not too into most Electronica.

Stuckski:

I shudder to think of Kurt's reaction to this album. We both have soft spots for certain musical genres that are not shared by the other...mine is electronica, his is country. So consider this the revenge of the savage random gods for having foisted Hank Williams on me!

All right, on to the actual album. I love it. 'La Rock 01' came out the summer after my third year in high school in Belgium, and it was a huge party hit for that entire summer. Vitalic has been stuck in my mind as a creator of feel-good music ever since. This album is an energetic collection of electronica that keeps me pumped from start to finish. Vitalic keeps his instrumentation varied enough that I never get bored of any of the sounds, which is a trap many electronica musicians fall into.


RATINGS:

Stuckski
: 9/10
kurtkurtkurt: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment