Saturday, April 28, 2012

Toxicity by System of a Down

kurtkurtkurt:

I feel like if Danny Elfman would have decided to create metal after Oingo Boingo instead of become a famous movie composer System of  a Down is roughly what he would have made. These guys were all the rage when we moved to Arkansas back in the day (and Metallica and Slipknot and A Perfect Circle and Tool. Metal was king there.) I've always enjoyed the song Chop Suey, but I feel that they need to cut out almost whole minutes in some of their songs for me to enjoy the Album more.

Stuckski:

What the hell kinda genre does System of a Down play anyways?! Circus Metal is about as close as I can get to describing it. Chaotic and hilarious, with songs like Bounce and Psycho especially keeping me laughing. The singer's voice is unique in a 'crazy homeless person shouting' kind of way, and is probably where I get the 'circus' vibe from. All in all, one of my favorite albums.

RATINGS:
kurtkurtkurt: 7/10
Stuckski: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment