Friday, April 6, 2012

The Longest Barrel Ride by Slightly Stoopid



kurtkurtkurt
:

Slightly Stoopid have this sound that’s like a ska/punk band deciding to have guitar player from a surf rock / jam band solo on top of their music every once in a while. Also the ganja. They sound like the ganja. They always seem to have a pretty solid sound, throwing down legit punk on “Johnny Law” or “Don’t Fuck’n Look” and solid Ska grooves on “Too Little Too Late” and “Living Dread. I think the one thing I’m never completely sold on is when they do songs like “Violence/FTP” which suffer from a mad case of taking too fucking long to finish. Also their reggae is alright, but not my favorite. All that said. Still love em.


Too Little Too Late Highlight of the album.

Stuckski:

I'm pretty sure that I've never actively listened to this album. Slightly Stoopid is my 'throw it on in the background while I'm doing other things' music. Even now -listening to it for the sole purpose of reviewing it- I'm finding it hard to focus on the music. It makes great background noise though, just the right mixture of punk and reggae tones. Too bad it's not memorable enough to stand out.

Best song: Jedi (because it's a reggae song about Jedi)

RATINGS:


kurtkurtkurt: 7/10
stuckski: 6/10 (I think?)

2 comments:

  1. Too Little Too Late caught me off guard with the punk beat. Definitely added more to the song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for sure! They can throw down some legit punk... when they want to.

      Delete