Saturday, April 14, 2012

Stripped by Christina Aguilera

kurtkurtkurt:

Well, well, well stuckski. Showing your true colors here eh? No matter; what has to happen has to happen!

I've actually never really listened to much of Christina's music so it was probably real good for me to sit down and have to do it. She has a beautiful voice, definitely more of a jazz/soul voice but she decides to put it against a traditional pop background. It's an interesting choice, not my favorite thing ever, but interesting none the less. I enjoyed the Latin flare of Make Over.

But as a whole the album just isn't my thing. Stripped all kinda seems remarkably unremarkable to me. I don't know I guess the beats are made to make you move in ways my body wasn't built for so I just don't feel it.

Christina. It's not you, it's me.

Stuckski:

I'm going to give you all a couple of seconds to laugh your asses off about how I actually own this album. All Done? Great, on with the review. Stripped is a pretty generic pop album, featuring a mix of soulful songs, club anthems, and songs tailor-made for the radio. There's a reason pop producers stick to this formula, and that is because it works. I'm not much of a fan of this kind of pop, but it's catchy and I could see somebody with different musical tastes digging it. Surprisingly it's the quieter, more soulful tracks that really stand out. Aguilera (or whoever sings for her when she's not lip-syncing) provides some strong vocals on Beautiful, and manages to inject some true feeling into Walk Away. The louder club-pop songs are insipid and -at best- forgettable. If I had to point fingers, Dirrty is probably the worst of the bunch in that respect. I mean look at the name...two r's in dirty? What the fuck does that even mean?


RATINGS:
kurtkurtkurt: 5/10
Stuckski: 4/10 (good pop album, but not my thing)

No comments:

Post a Comment