Monday, May 14, 2012

Medium Rare by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

kurtkurtkurt:

UPDATE 6.18.2012

Weeelllll I'm a few months late on this review. ANYways.

Medium Rare came out after the Bosstones decided they were done with their hiatus. I think it was a bunch of B-Sides and what-not. It's not their best material for sure (I can't help it I love 'A Jackknife to a Swan' and 'Let's Face it').  It's alright Ska though in the end.

Stuckski:
The Bosstones are one of those bands that I don't listen to as much as I should. Every time I hear them playing in the background somewhere, I think to myself that I really should get one of their albums, but then I instantly forget about them.
Thanks to Kurtkurtkurt I have now listened to my first full album by them, and my first reaction is moderate enjoyment. They're not blowing my mind, but they also don't make me want to blow my brains out, so it evens out to a moderate win.


RATINGS:

kurtkurtkurt: 6/10
Stuckski: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment