Saturday, May 5, 2012

Fuck World Trade by Leftover Crack

kurtkurtkurt:

These guys are probably one of my favorite bands right now. I tend to disagree with most of their extreme politics and opposition to all religion, but damn if they don't make good music. They're a mixture of punk/ska/death metal seamlessly going through all three in some songs. Their ska Gang Control and folk ballad Soon We'll be Dead are personal highlights for me.

Stuckski:

I don't know what to make of Leftover Crack, their music is kind of all over the place. I really don't like the songs where the vocals tend almost towards screamo, but then the next song will be an awesome softer, almost folk punk track like Soon We'll be Dead. In between are some real nice punk gems. Gringos Son Puercos Feos reminds me of some of the older NOFX material, which is always a good thing. And the hidden instrumental at the end of Operation: M.O.V.E. hit me in the right spot for some reason. I'd say the second half of this album is better than the first by far.

RATINGS:

kurtkurtkurt: 9/10
Stuckski: 6/10

1 comment:

  1. I recently got all their stuff and Choking Victim. Amazing band. Deadline EP is probably my favorite one of theirs.

    ReplyDelete