Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Streetcore by Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros

kurtkurtkurt:

I feel like Joe Strummer was moving this direction for a while after The Clash. It all ended in a calm, smooth folk rock. He still has his gruff voice, but the agression is gone. He performs a beautiful rendition of Remdemption Song. It's worth a listen for sure for this song alone.

Stuckski:
Before you get all excited, this album is called Streetcore, but it isn't ACTUALLY streetcore. Once I got over my disappointment at that, I realized this was a pretty rockin' chill album. A lot of different instruments thrown into a style of music that I can't really describe. There's elements of reggae, country, rock...it's all over the place. Somehow it all blends into something decent, although not really that memorable.

RATINGS:

kurtkurtkurt: 7/10
Stuckski: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment