Friday, May 11, 2012

Secret Agent 8 - Secret Agent 8



kurtkurtkurt:

These guys are one of the bands that really, really got me into ska. I found these guys back when mp3.com was for artists just putting their work online. Their sound is like Third Wave Ska mixed in with some jazz. VERY strong horn section. Whenever I perform 'A Message to You Rudy' I always throw in a verse from their homage to it 'Rudi, What Happened to You?' (Sorry no youtube links unfortunately). These guys just always put me in a good mood whenever I play their music. If you can find yourself a copy of the album give it a listen to.

Stuckski:

There is a song called 'Beer's OK' on this album, and that pretty much epitomizes the entire album to me: chill. Everyone seems relaxed and happy, the brass section creates an upbeat rhythm, and they don't really seem too worked up about anything. Beer's OK and so's this album.



RATINGS:

kurtkurtkurt: 10/10
Stuckski: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment