Monday, June 25, 2012

Yann Tiersen - Goodbye, Lenin! OST

kurtkurtkurt:
This is a quaint little soundtrack. I absolutely love all of the songs with the strong woodwind and brass sections. Birthday Preparation and The Dutch Mark is Coming were both gorgeous, the latter of which seemed to have an orchestra as well. Unfortunately the piano driven pieces were all kinda boring to me. You had such power and intrigue with the woodwinds (you don't get to hear them used as much nowadays) but the piano was made strictly for the backing up the movie I suppose. Whatevs still pretty cool.

Stuckski:

 All I have to say that I love the piano piece, perhaps because it always amazes me how one instrument can be used to evoke such a wide variety of moods. The tracks utilize pretty basic chord progressions and melodies, but combine to create the perfect accompaniment for the moments in the film. Watching Lara is a beautiful example of that. Not that the wind and brass tracks aren't great either! Decant is brief but evocative and reminds me of those old Disney cartoon soundtracks where the music follows the action (think of the rainy day intro to Bambi). I guess I just felt the need to come out strongly for the piano. Because Kurt.

RATINGS:

kurtkurtkurt: 6/10
stuckski: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment