Saturday, June 23, 2012

Squirrel Nut Zippers - The Inevitable

kurtkurtkurt:

I love me some Squirrel Nut Zippers! The inevitable was one of their first albums I believe, I know it was before 'Hot' at least. Anyways these guys play kinda an old timey jazz that warms your heart. They're not nearly as chaotic on this album as other releases but they still got songs like Good Enough for Grandad that bring on the crazy or La Grippe that has a tango? flair to it. Overall this is enjoyable for sure.

Stuckski:

I don't actually own this album, so I just went through all the Squirrel Nut Zipper songs I have. It's pretty...different. This is one of those cases where I don't really have anything bad to say about the music, it's just not for me. I've had bad experiences with swing music, and some of this stuff hits too close to home, y'know?

RATINGS:

kurtkurtkurt: 7/10
Stuckski: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment