Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Best of Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong


kurtkurtkurt:
Ella Fitzgerald Is probably my favorite female vocalist. The contrast between Armstrongs' gruff gravely voice and her clean beautiful voice really brings out how absolutely wonderful it is. I'm a bigger fan of earlier "Hot Jazz," traditionally, but this album still has a lot of good content in it. I Got my Love to Keep me Warm gives us a great taste of a true duet between the two of them and probably is my favorite song of the album.

Stuckski
I don't actually have this album, and since Kurt moved away I can't listen to his, so instead I listened to the various songs I have of Ella and Louis collaborating. Essentially the same thing, right? The only thought I really have is that these two fit together. Everything they do in a song sounds completely natural and unaffected. That said, I prefer Louis' trumpet to his voice so there could be a little more of that. Rating it a bit lower because Jazz really isn't my usual thing, I really have to be in the mood to listen to it.

RATINGS:

kurtkurtkurt: 7/10
Stuckski: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment