Friday, August 31, 2012

Reggatta de Blanc - The Police

kurtkurtkurt:

This album is also know as one of the only two cassettes in my car for a long time (the other was Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols). The hits on it are Message in a Bottle and Walking on the Moon, however I think the real highlight of the album is actually On Any Other Day. The song tells the tale of a middle aged husband/father who has all this shit happen to him on a one day.

As a whole I enjoy the album (I've heard it enough). I think that they have a few songs that drag on too long (Message in a Bottle and Walking on the Moon I'm talking to you) but the album still stays strong despite that.

Stuckski:

So only three months behind the times on this one, but better late than never right? Right?! RIGHT?! Ahh, it's ok, calm down guys, I forgive ya.

The Police are good. That's about all I'm willing to say. They have some nice sounding songs, plenty of  'em on this album. But I just never find myself thinking "Man, I really want to listen to some Police right now!"  I just don't think they are too memorable or ( a few obvious songs aside) iconic, All of that goes for this album as well

RATINGS

kurtkurtkurt: 7/10
stuckski: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment