Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cage the Elephant by Cage the Elephant


Stuckski:
I was interested in this band for one reason . That's the intro for possibly my favorite First Person Shooter ever, Borderlands. What a great intro, amirite? Seriously, if you haven't played this game you should go out and shoot yourself...and if you survive go and buy it. This from a guy who doesn't even really like shooters that much!
OK, OK...before this turns into a review/masturbatory session over Borderlands let's get on with the review.

Cage the Elephant is very much reminiscent of the White Stripes at times. The singer definitely has some Jack White influences in his vocals. Holy shit I just realized there is a Jack Black and a Jack White...if they ever meet will the universe implode?

But yeah, this album starts fairly strong, but I lost interest as the album wore on. It seems like they put all their effort into the first five tracks and then just sort of phoned in everything else. The highlights are definitely Ain't no Rest for the Wicked and the opening track In One Ear. Both feature the kind of talking/singing vibe.

kurtkurtkurt:
If I were to review this album off the two songs Stuckski linked to (which I am) I'd say. "Hey, this band isn't that bad."

Hey, this band isn't that bad.

These songs are both upbeat, danceable, and catchy. Also I, like Stuckski, adore Borderlands (which may bias my score).
RATINGS:
Stuckski: 6/10
kurtkurtkurt: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment