Thursday, August 16, 2012

Paid To Cum 1978-1981 LP


Stuckski:

Hey avid readers! We're back after a summer break. And that's all we're going to say about that.

Sometimes there is an LP that is hard to dissect because it is pretty much one whole. Often this is the case for concept albums and -to a lesser degree- rock operas. Paid to Cum is also hard to pick apart for a different reason: it's essentially just a best of album. It leaves the impression that if you were at a live show it would be awesome, but as an LP it lacks that something special to set it apart. I'm not saying it isn't a good album if you like classic punk (which I do), just that there is nothing there that will set it apart from any of the many other punk bands from that era. There is not a bit of the reggae tones that feature in their other albums here (except for the excellent I against I , and then only the faintest hints of it). I guess what I'm saying is this: If you like punk you'll like this; if you don't than this album won't change your mind.


RATINGS
Stuckski: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment